Cupcake Banner

Friday, July 12, 2013

Jumping on the Juicing train

About 4-5 yrs ago someone gave me a juicer. I never touched it or even checked to see if it worked. I just kept it tucked in the back of my cabinets collecting dust waiting or the "someday" I'd use it. Well now more than ever there is an awareness about juicing and all it's health benefits. My Mom recently bought a big 'ol expensive juicer and has been raving about all the juices she's been making so I decided to whip mine out and see if it worked. I also watched the documentary "Fat, sick and nearly dying" and that was a huge motivation too! To my surprise my juicer worked and I'm almost certain it's not an expensive one but it does the job. Today is day three of starting my morning off with a green juice and I feel great. I personally enjoy the fresh taste of eating cucumber with lime and sea salt so a fresh green juice is not so unpleasant to drink. They say the more you drink them, the more your body will crave it and your taste buds will adjust to the strong earthy taste. I can already see that happening. I pulled up a few recipes but ended making up my own with what I had available so this is my little recipe. Let me know if you juice an feel free to comment below with your favorite recipe. Makes about 2 cups of green goodness

What you'll need:
1 cumcumber
4 stalks of celery
15 baby carrots or 4 reg carrots
3-4 handfuls of chopped Kale (kale stocks are probably easier to put through shoot)
3-4 handfuls of collard greens
1 apple (green or red)
1/2 lime
Pinch of sea salt (optional)






Liam loves to help me



The Aftermath 

Luke keep grabbing my cup wanting more and more :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment