Cupcake Banner

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Spontaneous sunset on the beach

Today we spent the day playing at Ikea. We bought some new sand toys and by the time we got out, Liam was shouting "lets go to the beach" It was like 6pm, James wasn't even home from work and I still needed to cook dinner but then I was like..."why not"?? So as soon as James called me I told the plan, prepared the cooler with snacks and drinks and off we to the beach we went. Sometimes it's those last minute plans that end up being the most memorable. The boys played in the sand and stood near the shore line letting the waves crash their feet and Lukey and I looked on from our blanket munching on snacks of course. After the sun set we had dinner along the boardwalk and the boys fell asleep on the way home. Love days like today.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Lily! I don't know if you'll get to read this or not, but I just wanted to let you know how much I look up to you. I've been following your blog & Youtube channel since day one. You are my inspiration, since your story is kind of like mine. I am a young LDS Mom of two boys ( 4 & 2). I am dance instructor (ballet, tap, jazz, modern, salsa and contemporary), and I work 2 days a week. My Husband is getting ready to apply to Medical school here at UF. It's been a really long road for us trying to decide his career path. Lots of prayers & temple visits! He's gone a lot with work and school, and I know that's not going to change and pretty much just get worse when he's accepted to medical school! Anyways, the question that I wanted to ask you is what did you do to keep yourself from feeling so lonely & down? Some days I just feel so down about the long road we've got ahead of us with Med school, rotations, internships and residences, and I just wanted to ask you what helped you feel better about your situation. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for that sweet message. Im happy you can relate to me too! Lucky for you, you have your own hobbies and interests and so as long as you are doing things you love, that doesn't feel like work, you'll be fine. You do have a long road ahead of you but you don't focus on that, I promise it flies by... And there is so much learning a growing that you will go through, its all good. I can't believe 8 yrs have gone by and we are finally done. Its a great feeling! If you think you're lonely now, you aint seen nothing yet lol :p Its really not that bad, somehow you get through it and every year get easier than the previous one. I survived feeling lonely and down by not thinking about myself, keeping myself busy staying busy and my faith in God. ! I tried to make plans to get out of the house for play dates at least 3x a week & surrounded myself with great friends. Then of course I had my faith, which you are fortunate enough to have as well. Trust in Gods plan for your life and even when things get hard, just know that he's gonna make it better and open up doors and opportunities that didn't seem possible. Feel free to ask me anything else you like. Im very tired so excuse andy typos.

      Delete