Cupcake Banner

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Breastfeeding on a road trip




Breastfeeding on a road trip can be a bit inconvenient and may delay your travels. Sure you can pump before hand and bottle feed to avoid having to stop but what if your on a schedule or your baby isn't used to drinking from a bottle? Your only other option is to pull over and nurse. 

Or.... you can do what I do, and that's to breastfeed the baby while they are strapped in the car seat. 

My sister in law gave me this idea saying she did it with all 4 of her kids. At first I thought she was crazy and that it would be impossible to even do. But then one day I found myself with a crying and hungry baby while we were out one day and I decided to give it a try and it worked like a charm. Now I don't bother with pumping on road trips. I just lean over and pop my boob in his mouth. 

I do use my nursing cover and drape it over the car seat so other drivers don't get a peep show and leaning over can be a pain in between two car seats but this works for us most of the time. Let me know if you've done this too or are me and my SIL the only crazy ones? 


1 comment:

  1. haha nope I do this too.. My almost 10 month old loves to comfort feed so when she gets tired she wants "teta"! She will not take bottles. So I feed her in the car seat too! I learned it off of Kourtney Kardashian they showed her in an episode leaning over.. so when I had my baby I thought of that! LOL

    ReplyDelete