Cupcake Banner

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Dinosaur Birthday Party for a 4yr Old

Here are the details for my sons 4th DINO-Mite Birthday party
What went in the goodie bags. Stamps, tattoo, mini dinos & Dino eggs were purchased on Amazon. Eraser from the dollar store and candy was BOGO at publix :) 

My assembly line

Putting together the banner. This was my labor of love. It took me many countless hours to put together, between cutting, gluing and using the cricket, this took way longer than I expected and I fully understood why that cute banner I saw on Etsy was $50....In the end mine cost about $26. 
                                     

THE BIG DAY 

My Palm tree branches gave my banner the right touch
Goodie bags 

The cake was from Publix. I actually didn't like any of the cakes from their book, so I told them what I wanted and this is what they created. I told them to make the volcano the focal point of the cake so I kinda laughed when I saw this tiny little volcano but it wasn't bad enough to complain. I added a cool touch by writing my sons name in Dinosaur "Liamsaurus"  

Bearded Dragon and other exotic animals added the perfect pre historic touch to the party. 
                            

Liam doing his best impression on a Carnitor 
                             


Balloon color scheme: Chocolate brown and two tones of greens

Table decor was purchased at the dollar store. I bought 3 bags of moss and black "volcano" rocks. I loved how it turned out. I saved on decor budget because Liam already owned so many dinosaurs. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved how you set up the decoration in such an innovative way. The theme was amazing for a kid’s party, and the food and cake also looked great. My son’s 3rd birthday is coming up this weekend, so I’m also organizing a lovely party for him on the occasion. I’ve booked the amazing venue NYC for the party and have just started working on the decorations.

    ReplyDelete