Cupcake Banner

Monday, November 18, 2013

Whole Foods "Green Dream" smoothie recipe




                                

You all know I've been on a juicing tip, but more recently I've been going back and forth between juicing and making green smoothies. What I like about smoothies is that what you blend is what you get, unlike juicing that shoots out pulp and other stuff that could nutritious and beneficial ( I keep meaning to look up things to make with all that pulp, I always feel so wasteful when I throw it out)

Anyway, I was at Whole Foods the other day and they were giving out samples of a green smoothie called "Green Dream". It was probably the most delicious green drink I had ever had! So I asked the guy to give me a detailed step by step instruction on how they make it and he was kind enough to share their "secrets" with me, hope he doesn't get fired :) 
The menu board says: Spinach, Kale Apple, Pineapple Now I'm going to unveil the "secret" to you and  
how to make it taste as yummy as theirs and now mine! 

What you'll need:
2-3 large freshly juiced gala apples (secret #1, juiced apples)
1 large handful of spinach  (They don't measure, just use a generous handful secret #2)
1 large handful of Kale (same secret as above)
1/2 cup frozen pineapple (Biggest secret of them all, use frozen)


Packed full of greens
                                 
   
Love that bright green color...come to mama

Enjoy and tag me on instagram if you end up making it @lilycupcake

Love,
Lily
                                 

5 comments:

  1. Oh. This looks so amazingly appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Whole Foods today and tried it for the first time and I never thought that I would drink anything green but after the guy let me sample it......I had to buy me one. Sooooooo delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try this finally, I need to use my baby fat!! Thanks for sharing girl!
    Blessings, Adrienne

    ReplyDelete