Cupcake Banner

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Holiday Girly Nail Art

I have seriously been slacking on my nail game. I used to have a new look every week but I have been so busy that I usually spend my alone time cleaning these day, so no nails for me :( I had seen some similar looks like this using summer colors so I wanted to recreate a winter version. I love how they turned out. Here is the step by step process how to make these flowers. It is easy to recreated but may require some practice on a paper plate before you try it on your nails. 

                     Finished look 
                   What you'll need:
-Top coat-OPI, Nail envy
-A deep crandberry red color
- A pink thin nail art polish 
- A green polish for the leaves 
- Revlon quick dry top coat

     Start off with a top coat on all the nails, then paint your middle finger white 
Make 3 dots like this by pressing down with the brush, they don't have to be perfect circles 
Add a small dot to the middle using a thin nail art polish brush. You can find them at the dollar store, I did. 
This next part is tricky and as you can see mine isn't perfect but add 2 curved lines above and below the dot to mimic the petals of a rose 
Then add the leaves by using the tip of your green polish using small swiping motions to the right and left of the rose. 
Finish off the look by painting your pointer and ring finger gold and your pinky and thumb the same color you used for the main color of your rose. Then a top it off with a quick dry. Wait a few minuites before adding the quick dry to the rose nail, as it could smudge. 

Tag me on Instagram @lilycupcake if you recreate this look. #cupcakemommylife I'd love to see it :)

Written with love, 
Lily 






1 comment: